2014 Romanian Government Scholarships for International Students, Romania, and applications are submitted till 15th February 2014. Romanian Government is offering 85 scholarships for citizens of non EU countries. Priority will be given to the candidates applying for: political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary medicine, architecture and arts. Scholarships are granted for three levels of study: licenta, master and doctorate. The beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language. The monthly amount is granted throughout the whole calendar year for full-time students of the 3rd cycle but not during the summer vacation for 1st and 2nd cycle. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Romania
Level: The 2014 Romanian Government Scholarships are granted for three levels of study: -for the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalation of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta); -for the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation; -for the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
Field(s): Priority will be given to the candidates applying for: political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary medicine, architecture, arts. Requests for other fields will also be taken into account.
Deadline: 15th February 2014.
Funded By: Romanian Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Romanian Government Scholarships are targeted for Citizens of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence) can apply for theseRomanian government scholarships.
‣ Award No: 85 Romanian government scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The monthly amount is granted to the students of the 1st (licenta) and 2nd (master) cycle throughout the whole academic year, the winter and spring vacation included, but not during the summer vacation. For full-time students of the 3rd cycle (doctorate), the monthly amount is granted throughout the whole calendar year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The 2014 Romanian Government Scholarships consist of: -free-of-charge tuition, -free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations), -financial support – a monthly amount representing : the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle), the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle, the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle. -These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to support personally any other additional expenses.
‣ 2014 Romanian Government Scholarships are offered by the Romanian State to foreign citizens through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in keeping with Government Decision No 288/1993 for the 2014-2015 academic year.
‣ 85 scholarships for under- and post-graduate studies in Romania, by means of selection of application files organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MAE) and the Ministry of National Education (MEN), in keeping with Romanian current legislation.
‣ In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language.
‣ The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
‣ The students who declare that they know already Romanian language have to pass a language test organised by the competent higher education institutions.
Have what it takes to avail 2014 Romanian Government Scholarships?
‣ Citizens of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence).
‣ Priority is given to citizens from non EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.
‣ Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighbouring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programmes offered by the Romanian state.
‣ The selection criteria are: the candidates’ competence (former scholar performances, mentioned in his/her study papers) and the chosen priority field of study.
‣ The Boards will approve the list of 85 accepted candidates and a waiting list, in case any selected candidates give up the scholarship.
2014 Romanian Government Scholarships
‣ The MAE board makes the first selection between 15 and 20 March 2014. By 1 April 2014, MAE sends to MEN the selected files.
‣ The MEN Board meets in April 2014 to make the final selection and will send list of successful candidates by 30 April 2014.
‣ The selection results will be announced by 30 May 2014 to each diplomatic mission that submitted application files.
‣ To get all necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to :
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th February 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...