2014 Republic of Austria Scholarships for International Students in Austria, and applications are submitted till September 1, 2014. Foundation of the Republic of Austria is offering scholarships for international students (except Austrians) coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers. Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate students to pursue master or diploma and doctoral programme at an Austrian university. Scholarships are offered for maximum 4 months. All scholarships are based on competition. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Austria
Level: Master or Diploma & Doctoral Programme
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Medicine, Agriculture and Forestry, Veterinary Medicine, Social Sciences, Law and Economics, Humanities and Theology and Arts.
Deadline: September 1, 2014.
Funded By: Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Republic of Austria Scholarships are targeted for Citizens coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be offered for max. 4 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The 2014 Republic of Austria Scholarships
will include: 1) monthly scholarship installment: -for doctoral students: € 1040; for students enrolled in a master or diploma programme: € 940 2) accident and health insurance, accommodation a) If necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. b) The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: € 220 to € 470 (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of € 18.— per month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be covered by the scholarship holder from the scholarship. -Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance of up to max. € 500.- in addition to the scholarship.
‣ All 2014 Republic of Austria Scholarships are based on competition.
‣ This means that even when all scholarship requirements are met there is no legal claim to a scholarship.
‣ An award is only possible once per category, a renewal is not possible. Scholarships are also awarded for research periods at scientific research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, and National Archive).
‣ As for article 1 of the Austrian Data Protection Act, BGBl. Nr. 165/1999 in the present version, the applicant is aware of the fact and fully agrees that personal data contained in the application and its enclosures may be forwarded for statistical purposes and in order to ensure that the application can be properly processed.
‣ Students working on a research project in a master or diploma programme or doctoral students -who are descendants of forced labourers or come from countries that have exceptionally suffered from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers,
‣ Students meeting the above mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research - on their diploma or master thesis - or their dissertation. Age limit: Doctoral students: 40 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline September 1, 2014: born on or after September 1, 1974) for other students: 35 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline September 1, 2014: born on or after September 1, 1979 )
The selection is made by the Scholarship Council in regard to the following selection criteria:
‣ Necessity of the research stay in Austria in regard to the further process of the Thesis. -
‣ What are the plans for the research stay in the framework of the scholarship?
‣ How will the Project be carried out? Which scientific methods will you apply?
‣ What are the main objectives of your research stay in Austria?
‣ Which steps have you planned in order to achieve these objectives (research in archives, interviews, . . .)?
‣ Have you already completed preparatory work to achieve these objectives (if yes, which ones)?
‣ Where do you plan to carry out your project (library, archive, institute . . .)?
‣ academic background (since when are you already studying, which grades have you achieved) and list of publications or documents in regard to your artistic work so far. - plausibility of the Application.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 1, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.