2014 Randy Pausch Scholarship for Undergraduate and Graduate Program in USA, and applications are submitted till June 30, 2014. The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences invites application for Randy Pausch Scholarship available for undergraduate students starting their second year or graduate students attending an US accredited college or university. Scholarship is to support students who are pursuing career specializing in the development of interactive entertainment which includes (but are not limited to) Art, Animation, Programming, Engineering, Game Direction, Game Design, Sound Design and Music Composition. Two $2,500 scholarships to two different students for the 2014-2015 academic school year will be awarded. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Undergraduate Programme (undergraduate student starting their second year or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university in the United States.)
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded for specializing in the development of interactive entertainment Possible career paths include (but are not limited to) Art, Animation, Programming, Engineering, Game Direction, Game Design, Sound Design and Music Composition.
Deadline: June 30, 2014.
Funded By: Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Randy Pausch Scholarship is targeted for Students of USA
‣ Award No: Two $2,500 Randy Pausch scholarships will be awarded to two different students for the 2014-2015 academic school year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Each award is for the duration of one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded.
‣ In the memory of Dr. Randy Pausch, Computer Science Professor and Co-Founder of the Entertainment Technology Center at Carnegie Mellon University, the Randy Pausch Scholarship was established by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences in 2008 .
‣ 2014 Randy Pausch Scholarship Fund has been established to support students who are pursuing careers specializing in the development of interactive entertainment.
‣ Possible career paths include (but are not limited to) art, animation, programming, engineering, game direction, game design, sound design, and music composition.
‣ be a full-time undergraduate student starting their second year or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university in the United States during the 2014-2015 academic school year.
‣ High school seniors entering their first-year at an undergraduate university are not eligible.
‣ Must have the intention to enter the game industry as a developer of interactive entertainment.
‣ Major: Any field.
‣ GPA: 3.3 minimum on a 4.0 scale.
‣ Each award is for one year. Winners may not re-apply for subsequent Mark Beaumont Scholarships.
‣ Any number of students from an institution may apply.
‣ Randy Pausch scholarships will be awarded on the basis of completed application, required documentation, specific criteria and weighted criteria (weights in service, leadership, character, and financial need).
‣ Applications for the Randy Pausch Scholarship will be processed in July 2014. The Academy will announce the winners in August 2014.
‣ Completed/signed application with all supporting documentation must be postmarked.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 30, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.