2014 Postdoctoral Fellowships for Sub-Saharan Students in Germany , and Applications can be handed in at any time. German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering Postdoctoral Fellowships for Sub-Saharan Students. Applications may come from all subject areas with strong relevance to national development. Submit an invitation from a German host institution together with a research plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher in Germany. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Postdoctoral Programme
Field(s): Applications may come from all subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
Deadline: Applications can be handed in at any time.
Funded By: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Postdoctoral Fellowships for Sub-Saharan is targeted for the students of Sub-Saharan African country (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea,
Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
‣ Award No: DAAD is offering approximately 10 fellowships in 2014.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The awards are tenable for a period of two to six months and are not renewable.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship consists of: -An adequate travel lump sum -A research lump sum of EUR 600,– -A monthly allowance of EUR 1.400,– -Accident, liability and health insurance
‣ DAAD, as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
‣ Be alumni of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) within the “In-Region / In-Country Scholarship Programme”.
‣ have completed their PhD degree less than six years ago. -hold an academic position at a university or research institution in Sub- Saharan Africa.
‣ submit an invitation from a German host institution together with a research plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher in Germany.
‣ (please note: DAAD does not find or introduce host institutions.) be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
‣ The objective for fellows is to undertake research during the tenure of the award.
‣ The project should not be a reworking or mere extension of the candidate’s doctoral research project.
‣ That means: -The fellowship should advance the candidate’s research profile.
‣ The host and the candidate must have established close communication and devised a concrete research plan.
‣ The implementation of the fellowship should contribute to promoting exchange between German and Sub-Saharan African universities.
‣ Applications should be sent via e-mail directly to the respective contacts stated below. Documents to be submitted -Green DAAD application form, duly filled in and signed.
‣ Hand-signed Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form -Research proposal including detailed time and work plan.
‣ Confirmation from a German professor stating that he/she will host the applicant during the stay.
‣ 2 recommendation letters by academic referees.
‣ PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate). -Master’s certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Applications can be handed in at any time, but at least three months before the intended visit in Germany.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.