2014 Paid Summer International Internship Program in Taipei, Taiwan, and applications are submitted till 28th February, 2014. The Academia Sinica offers the International Internship Program outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities. The Taiwan International Graduate Program is going to start to accept applications to our 2014 International Internship Program (TIGP-IIP) in January 2014. This is a 2 month program that takes place between May and August 2014. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Taiwan
Field(s): The Taiwan International Graduate Program is offering some internship opportunities in 12 programs Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics, molecular Science and Technology, Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences, Bioinformatics, Molecular and Cell Biology, Nano Science and Technology, Molecular Medicine, Earth System Science, Biodiversity, Interdisciplinary Neuroscience program, Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing and Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology.
Deadline: 28th February, 2014.
Funded By: The Academia Sinica
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Paid Summer International Internship is targeted for International Students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration : This is a 2 month program that will take place between 1st July~ 31st August 2014 (Standard Program). Early start is 1st May~30th June, 2014 and 1st June~31st July, 2014
‣ Scholarship covers: -TIGP and the hosting PI will together offer NTD 30,000/month-tax free (~USD 1000) for two months. (TIGP will provide a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000/months and the sponsoring faculty will provide additional monthly stipend of NTD 10,000/ month). -In addition, one way airfare at economy class will be provided to participating interns upon completion of the training program.
‣ The Academia Sinica, headquartered in the Nangang District of Taipei, is the national academy of Taiwan. It supports research activities in a wide variety of disciplines, ranging from mathematical and physical sciences, to life sciences, and to humanities and social sciences.
‣ This 2014 Paid Summer International Internship program typically takes place during July and August. However the dates can be changed by the host PI upon request.
‣ Ideally, the qualified intern will be hosted by the PI of his or her choice. At the end of the internship, interns are required to submit a report and/or give a presentation about their research projects.
‣ Upon completion of each intern’s project, an evaluation report will be filed by the host scientist, which may later serve as a supportive document towards application for admission to TIGP.
‣ On-campus accommodation will be arranged by the TIGP office and the students will pay for the cost.
‣ The TIGP is a unique all-English Ph.D. program supported by Academia Sinica, the most prestigious research institution in Taiwan.
‣ In collaboration with top-ranking local research universities, the TIGP would like to invite outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and to participate in build an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
‣ The 2014 Paid Summer International Internship welcomes applications from overseas candidates of the following status:
‣ Applicants are required to apply online (Please read the ‘Instructions for TIGP-IIP on-line application procedure’ before starting your IIP-2014 application form).
‣ Announcement of Results will be in the last week of March or first week of April 2014.
‣ Internship Applications are due on 28th February, 2014.
‣ Stipends will be given after the 15th day of every month. Air fare (one way, at the cheapest price. Please check the airfare comparison websites before you purchase the
ticket) will be reimbursed only upon successful completion of the internship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like