2014 Oas Academic Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, and applications are submitted till April 18th, 2014. The Organization of American States offers scholarships for Undergraduate Academic Studies in the eight (8) priority areas. These scholarships for undergraduate studies are offered to citizens of English and Dutch-Speaking Caribbean Member States for full time studies in any OAS Member State, with the exception of the candidate’s sponsoring country. These scholarships are awarded for the last two years of studies leading to an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent). Selected candidates are required to graduate within that period. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica (Commonwealth of), Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, The Bahamas (Commonwealth of), Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Uruguay and Venezuela (with the exception of the candidate’s sponsoring country).
Level: Undergraduate Studies (last two years of studies) in any OAS Member State
Field(s): 2014 Oas Academic Scholarships are provided in the eight (8) priority areas-Social Development and the Creation of Productive Employment, Education, Economic Diversification and Integration, Trade liberization, and MarketAccess, Scientific Development and Exchange and Transfer of Technology, Strengthening of Democratic Institutions, Sustainable Development of Tourism, Sustainable Development and the Environment and Culture for full time studies in any OAS Member State.
Deadline:April 18th, 2014.
Funded By: The Organization of American States
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Oas Academic Scholarships are targeted for students of Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Suriname, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Trinidad and Tobago.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: OAS Academic Scholarships are awarded for a maximum of two academic years. Selected candidates are required to graduate within that period.
‣ Scholarship covers: 2014 OAS academic scholarships have a monetary cap of US $30,000 per academic year, which includes all benefits mentioned below. These scholarships are complimentary, which means they do not intend to cover 100% of the student’s expenses. Not all scholarships include the same benefits. Benefits are allocated on a case by case basis. Typically, an OAS academic scholarships offer the following benefits: -Roundtrip airfare – (from the sponsoring country to the country of studies) -Tuition and mandatory fees. -Annual book allowance (US $300 for onsite studies / US $1000 for online studies). -Medical insurance (for onsite studies only). -Monthly subsistence allowance (for onsite studies only). Subsistence varies depending on the country of study. -NOTE: No benefits will be offered to the student’s dependents.
‣ With the aim of supporting the efforts of OAS Member States in the development of human resources as a means to achieving the objectives of the OAS Strategic Plan for Integral Development, the OAS provides valuable study opportunities to students by granting scholarships for the pursuit of graduate studies and research that are related to the eight (8) priority areas contemplated in the plan.
‣ 2014 OAS academic scholarships for undergraduate studies are offered to citizens of English and Dutch-Speaking Caribbean Member States for full time studies in any OAS Member State, with the exception of the candidate’s sponsoring country.
‣ OAS undergraduate scholarships are awarded for the last two years of studies leading to an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent), in universities of the OAS Member States.
Have what it takes to avail 2014 Oas Academic Scholarships ?
‣ Be a citizen or permanent resident from an English and Dutch-Speaking Caribbean Member States.
‣ Have completed the first two (2) years of the Undergraduate degree, or have an Associate’s degree.
‣ Maintain GPA above the minimum standard requirement by the university.
‣ Be in good physical and mental health to successfully complete the program of study.
‣ The ONEs on the Member States could have additional eligibility requirements. Please contact the ONE in your country for more information.
‣ Self-placed: Candidates apply directly for admission to the universities or educational institutions of their choice.
‣ The student must:
2014 Oas Academic Scholarships
‣ Successful applicants will be notified in end of November 2014.
‣ Scan ALL required documents in black and white, in one single file PDF format. Make sure the scanned file is readable.
‣ The file shouldn’t be larger than 8MB. Upload the PDF file with your online application.
‣ Make sure to upload all the required documents and forms into the online application, because the OAS will NOT receive physical documents or documents send by email. Please do not include additional documents required by the ONE.
‣ After you submit the application, you will receive an email with the application you filled out in PDF format.
‣ Print the application, add the required documents, and submit the package to the one in your country.
‣ The ONE will pre-select candidates, therefore, make sure to send them all the physical documents required by the OAS and the ONE.
‣ If you are selected to receive an OAS Scholarship, you must submit a Medical History Form to the OAS Headquarters in Washington DC.
‣ All costs associated with complying with the medical examination requirement are the responsibility of the awardees.
‣ The selection results will be published on our website www.oas.org/scholarships, and also officially communicated to each country’s authorities.
‣ Do you have questions about the requirements or the application process? Please contact us atScholarships-at-oas.org.
‣ Applicants who have questions regarding the status of their Applications during the recruitment and the pre-selection process, must contact their ONEs.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 18th April 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like