2014 Nanofellowships for Canadian and International Graduate Students in Canada, and appliations are submitted till April 30, 2014. University of Waterloo is offering research fellowships to top Canadian and international graduate students pursuing nanotechnology research. These prestigious fellowships valued at $10,000 each are awarded to new graduate applicants and current MSc and PhD students and supplement the Research Assistantship support provided by the supervising faculty member. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Waterloo | Canada
Deadline: April 30, 2014.
Funded By: University of Waterloo
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Nanofellowships are are targeted for Canadian and international students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration:
‣ Scholarship covers: Please check the main website
‣ The University of Waterloo has profound strengths in nanotechnology.
‣ The campus is home to world-class researchers, flagship research facilities, and Canada’s largest nanotechnology engineering undergraduate degree program.
‣ The Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN) is headquartered in the new $160M Quantum-Nano Centre (QNC) opened in September 2012, where faculty and graduate students have access to state-of-the-art tools and infrastructure for research at the nanoscale.
‣ Attracting outstanding new faculty, students and research personnel, fostering new national and international partnerships, enhancing collaborations, and enabling research at the forefront of science and engineering, WIN is becoming a global centre of excellence for nanotechnology and its applications. Graduate student status at the University of Waterloo to be eligible to receive a Nano fellowship.
‣ These prestigious fellowships are open to new graduate applicants and current graduate students who must have at least two terms remaining in their program at the time of receiving the award (or at least 3 complete terms remained in their program at the time of application).
‣ Applicants must satisfy the general eligibility requirements for the University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarships (ie. you must register and maintain an active graduate student status during the award period of Sept 2014-April 2015).
To be considered for the 2014 Nanofellowships competition, you must:
‣ Complete the Nanofellowship application form (submit completed form as LastName_FirstName.pdf to nanofellowship-at-uwaterloo.ca with subject line: Nanofellowship Application); and
‣ Arrange for two electronic letters of reference to be sent directly to the WIN office. For prospective graduate students, please note that the Nanofellowship application DOES NOT replace the regular admission procedure for Graduate Studies at the University of Waterloo. A separate online Graduate Application is required.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on April 30, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.