2014 MOFA Taiwan Fellowship for Foreign Researchers in Taiwan, and applications are submitted till June 30, 2014. Applications are invited for MOFA Taiwan fellowship available for foreign researchers to undertake research studies at Taiwan’s universities, colleges or research institutions. Those who are currently conducting research, teaching, or studying in Taiwan are ineligible. A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific and Sinology. The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Taiwan
Level: Research Fellowship
Field(s): A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, and Sinology at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
Deadline: June 30, 2014.
Funded By: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is targeted for International applicants.
‣ Award No: The total number of recipients is subject to MOFA’s annual budget.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The terms of fellowship are three to 12 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month. -Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000. -Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, doctoral program students, and other candidates recommended by ROC (Taiwan) missions: NT$50,000. -One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (not applicable to those already doing research in Taiwan. The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations). -Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million.
‣ The MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia-Pacific region and Chinese studies to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
‣ Applicants shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, doctoral program students, or same-level research fellows from academic institutions abroad who specialize in social sciences or humanities related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, or other aspects of Chinese studies.
‣ Applicants recommended by ROC (Taiwan) overseas missions with a field of study on Taiwan’s foreign relations or cross-strait relations.
‣ Those who are currently conducting research, teaching, or studying in Taiwan are ineligible.
‣ The ROC Embassy or Representative Office receives the application, verifies the data, and evaluates the applicant’s academic influence or potential.
Notification: Not known
‣ Applicants should first submit an on-line application(http://taiwanfellowship.ncl.edu.tw/eng/apply01.aspx) form and then submit the following documents to the ROC Embassy or Representative Office in or nearest to their country of residence, as appropriate, for preliminary review:
A. Application form;
B. Resume (including a publication list);
C. Research proposal (Three pages in principle using a standard research format); and D. Two letters of recommendation, or one letter of recommendation and one letter of consent from the chief administrator of their institute.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 1 to June 30, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.