2014 Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS) in Australia, and applications are submitted till 31st May 2014. The Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS) are awarded to international students who wish to undertake graduate research degree studies (e.g. master’s by research, PhD or other research doctorate) at the University of Melbourne. Each year the University offers about 200 new Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRSs), of which about 150 are normally awarded to international students as MIRSs. Selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and academic merit. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Australia
Level: Graduate Research Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Melbourne.
Deadline: 31st May 2014
Funded By: University of Melbourne, Australia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Melbourne International Research Scholarships are targeted for International students.
‣ Award No: Each year the University offers about 200 new Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRSs), of which about 150 are normally awarded to international students as MIRSs.
‣ Scholarship Duration: MRSs/MIRSs can be held from the second year of the course onwards (ie. for the PhD component only) and can be held for up to 3 years (or 3.5 years if an extension is approved) as for other PhDs and research doctorates.
‣ Scholarship covers: Benefits provided by the MIRS include: -a living allowance of $24,653 per annum (2013 rate) -a Relocation Grant of $2,000 awarded to students who are moving from interstate in order to study at the University of Melbourne or $3,000 awarded to those who are moving from overseas -a Thesis Allowance of up to $420 (2013 rate) for masters by research and up to $840 (2013 rate) for PhD and other doctorate by research candidates, and -paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
‣ The 2014 Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS) is awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University of Melbourne.
‣ MIRSs are funded by the University with each faculty having a limited number to award.
‣ To be considered for 2014 Melbourne International Research Scholarships, applicants need to apply for scholarship and candidature in a graduate research degree course (eg. masters by research, PhD orother research doctorate) at the University of Melbourne.
‣ The academic requirements to be considered for the graduate research scholarships are the same as those that apply to entry for the PhD, and these requirements apply even if a scholarship is sought to undertake a master’s by research.
‣ The key academic requirements that applicants must meet are: -Completion of tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a four-year honours degree at an Australian University, and
‣ Applicants normally need to have completed a research project/component as part of their tertiary studies that accounts for at least 25% of their year’s work at 4th year or masters level.
‣ First Class Honours (ie. H1) results are required to be competitive.
‣ Both commencing and currently enrolled international research higher degree students may apply.
‣ Selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and academic merit.
‣ Applicants will be advised via email as soon as an outcome of their scholarship application is determined.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date : 31st May 2014 and applicants will receive a RHD scholarship outcome before 31 July 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like