2014 Massey University Doctoral Scholarships. Applications are invited for Massey University Doctoral Scholarships available for domestic and international students. All applicants for the Massey University Doctoral Scholarships are considered for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships. The Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic ranking to the top students. The Doctoral scholarships are open to persons who are enrolled or eligible to enroll full-time for a research paper of 120 credits during 12 months period towards a Doctoral degree at Massey University. Part-time applicants and already holding a PhD are not eligible to apply. There is no closing date; the Colleges will receive applications on an on-going basis. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Massey University | New Zealand
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): approved programme of research approved by the Doctoral Research Committee for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy or a Named Doctorate.
Deadline: There is no closing date; the Colleges will receive applications on an on-going basis.
Funded By: Massey University, New Zealand
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Massey University Doctoral Scholarships are targeted for Domestic and international students.
‣ Award No: Up to 10 Vice-Chancellor’s Doctoral Scholarships are offered each year to domestic students. -The number of Doctoral Scholarships to be offered each year is determined by the University. -One Doctoral Scholarship for Maori students will be awarded each year. -The proportion of scholarships awarded to International applicants would usually have an upper limit of 40%. The normal balance would be 30% of the total number of scholarships awarded in any year
. -The awarding of any Doctoral Scholarship is discretionary and is dependent upon funding.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Every Doctoral Scholarship shall be tenable at Massey University for up to a maximum period of 36 months devoted to full-time research. No tenure beyond 36 months will be permitted. No retrospective payments will be permitted unless approval into the Doctoral programme was delayed for reasons beyond the applicant’s control.
‣ Scholarship covers: -Doctoral Scholarships: The value of the Doctoral Scholarship shall be $25,000 per annum to a maximum of 3 years. Recipients are responsible for the payment of their fees. -Vice Chancellor’s Doctoral Scholarship: The value of the Vice Chancellor’s Doctoral Scholarship shall be $28,000 per annum to a maximum of 3 years. Recipients are responsible for the payment of their fees. -The Scholarships Committee may reduce the value or amend the terms and conditions of a Doctoral Scholarship to meet the circumstances of individual applicants.
‣ All applicants for the 2014 Massey University Doctoral Scholarships are considered for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships.
‣ The Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships are awarded on academic ranking to the top students. Every Doctoral Scholarship shall be tenable at Massey University for up to a maximum period of 36 months devoted to full-time research.
‣ No tenure beyond 36 months will be permitted.
‣ No retrospective payments will be permitted unless approval into the Doctoral programme was delayed for reasons beyond the applicant’s control.
‣ Except as otherwise provided in these regulations, every applicant shall, during the tenure of the Doctoral Scholarship, be enrolled as a full-time student of Massey University and shall pursue an approved programme of research approved by the Doctoral Research Committee for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy or a Named Doctorate.
‣ Applicants undertaking a Named Doctoral degree are eligible to apply for the Doctoral Scholarship for tenure during the period of the research component of the degree.
‣ The Doctoral Research Committee, at its absolute discretion, may permit an applicant to pursue part of the approved programme of research at a university or other approved institution overseas.
‣ Applications for overseas research must be made by the applicant to the Doctoral Research Committee and be supported by the applicant’s supervisory panel.
‣ Payments to applicants who proceed overseas will be made in New Zealand currency into a New Zealand bank account.
‣ A full-time candidate will be expected to work 40-50 hours per week on their Doctoral qualification.
‣ Part-time applicants are not eligible.
‣ Applicants already holding a PhD are not eligible to apply.
‣ Applicants who are completing Honours or Masters thesis or research report must be due to submit before they apply for the Doctoral Scholarship.
‣ Consideration will normally only be given to students with a GPA of 7.5 or better (on a 9 point scale). This is above an average grade A.
‣ In the first instance, applicants need to contact the appropriate person within the College they intend undertaking their studies in to discuss research topics available within the College.
‣ (Applicants who have already started their PhD who are considering applying must also contact the appropriate College co-ordinator). Writable application forms are available here (Please only apply after discussing projects with the co-ordinators)
‣ Note: 2014 Massey University Doctoral Scholarships applications cannot be accepted until such time as the international applicant has applied for admission to the University and been given a Massey University student ID.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: There is no closing date; the Colleges will receive applications on an on-going basis.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.