2014 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (RESPIRE 2) for International Applicants , and applicants are submitted till 31st October 2014. European Respiratory society is inviting applications for ERS/EU RESPIRE 2 Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. These are co-funded by the European Union (EU) under the PEOPLE Marie Curie Actions COFUND programme of the EU’s Seventh Research Framework Programme (FP7). Fellowships are offered for researchers to carry out advanced research projects (24 months) of scientific excellence in the area of respiratory medicine and science in a European country other than the candidate’s own, within a certified RESPIRE 2 Host Centre. Fellowships are open to all nationalities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Fellowship is to be undertaken in a European country other than the candidate’s own, within a certified RESPIRE 2 Host Centre (Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, UK, Portugal, Northern Ireland, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Germany, France and Belgium)
Level: RESPIRE 2 Fellowships are offered for researchers to carry out advanced research projects (24 months) of scientific excellence.
Field(s): in the area of respiratory medicine and science.
Deadline: 31st October 2014
Funded By: This 2014 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellowships programme RESPIRE 2 is co-financed by the European Union through the Marie Curie Action “Co-funding of regional, national and international programmes (COFUND)”.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are targeted for Applicants of any country
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowship duration is 24 months exactly (may not be reduced nor split).
‣ Scholarship covers: - Attractive compensation to fellows (€50,000 per fellow-year) - Allowing for travel, mobility & career development costs during the fellowship (€14,600 per fellow-year) - Career development oriented host institution requirements - Training events in scientific and non-scientific skills - Scientific and admin/process mentoring - Encouraging return from a career break – pre-evaluation review of applications - Specific post scheme network in a large scientific society
‣ The ERS is pleased to present the ERS/EU RESPIRE 2 2014 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellowships co-funded by the European Union (EU) under the PEOPLE Marie Curie Actions COFUND programme of the EU’s Seventh Research Framework Programme (FP7).
‣ Grant number: RESPIRE 2, PCOFUNDGA-2012-600368, Respiratory Science Promoted by International Research Exchanges 2.
‣ Applicants will be accepted only if they are in the possession of a doctoral degree (PhD holders) at the time of application or demonstrate having at least the equivalent of 4 years full-time research experience at the time of application (*full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged).
Applicants must have as a minimum, at least 1 first-author publication having been published (or having already been accepted for publishing) in an international peer-reviewed journal at the time of application.
‣ Experienced researchers from any discipline are welcome, even those not traditionally associated with respiratory research, so long as a clear benefit to the broad domain of respiratory science is established in the application. RESPIRE 2 covers and welcomes all disciplines of respiratory science/medicine and beyond to domains incl. immunology, modelling and systems biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, mathematics, engineering, etc.
‣ The proposed research should be cutting-edge science and have high impact to the broad domain of respiratory science, while serving the goal of promoting the ERS Roadmap and efforts on chronic disease across all disciplines. The fellowships are intended to support clinical research, translational research and basic science projects.
‣ Candidates should possess appropriate scientific, medical qualifications (academic) and/or experience (professional), and/or be engaged in research/science/practice that is relevant to the specific fellowship project/topic applied for.
‣ The 2014 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellowships programme is open to ERS members and non-members. Candidates under 35 years are encouraged to benefit from the “Under 35 Silver” ERS membership which is free of charge and offers an advantageous package of ERS resources and benefits -RESPIRE 2 is open to candidates of all nationalities, whether based in Europe or not, however the fellowship is to be carried out in Europe and exclusively in one of the eligible RESPIRE 2 Host Centres
‣ Candidates must have adequate fluency in a language that permits effective communication at the Host Institute.
‣ When applying the candidate’s application must already involve an agreement with the Host Centre, where the fellowship project will be carried out.
‣ Each application will be graded by a panel of at least 5 experts from the ERS College of Experts who are selected by the Research Director as being experienced in their respective fields while avoiding conflicts of interest.
‣ The scoring is undertaken according to 3 weighted criteria:
‣ Candidates will be informed if they are selected for an interview by mid-January 2015.
‣ Applicants can apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st October 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.