2017 Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Graduate Students in Korea and applications are submitted till Mar.-Apr. in the year of planned studies in Korea( Graduate}. Applications are invited for Korean Government Scholarship program for graduate students. The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenship. Up to 880 scholarships will be awarded for pursuing master and PhD studies at participating Universities in Korea as designated by NIIED. After the Korean language course, the scholarship period of degree course (2 years of master’s or 3 years of doctoral) cannot be extended beyond the designated duration. The selection process for applicants will proceed in three steps. Applicants must be selected by the institution he or she is applying through (a Korean embassy or a designated university). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Universities in Korea | Korea
Level: Master & PhD degree
Field(s): 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program Applicants must choose their field of study from the listed programs in the University Information section provided by participating universities
Deadline:Mar.-Apr. in the year of planned studies in Korea( Graduate};
Funded By: Korean government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program is targeted for Students of United States, China, Indonesia, Japan, Russia, Vietnam, Bulgaria, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Turkey, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Cambodia, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, El Salvador, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Laos, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Panama, Peru, Serbia, Taiwan, Thailand, The United Kingdom, Tunisia, Uganda, Venezuela, Argentina, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Hungary, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Malawi, Namibia, Nepal, Republic of South Africa, Rwanda, Senegal, Singapore, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Yemen, Zambia, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada(Quebec), Central African Republic, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Gabon, Gambia, Greenland, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Kenya, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Montenegro, Mozambique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of the Congo, Republic of Seychelles, Romania, Sao Tome Principe, Saudi Arabia,
Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Spain, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, the Bahamas, the United Arab Emirates, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, Uruguay and Zimbabwe.
‣ Award No: 170 persons (undergraduate course), 700 persons (graduate course)
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of Korean Government Scholarship Program for graduate students is as follows: -Master’s 1 yr. of Korean language + 2 yrs of Master’s -Doctoral (0): 1yr. of Korean language + 3 yrs of Doctoral After the Korean language course, the scholarship period of degree course (2 years of master’s or 3 years of doctoral) cannot be extended beyond the designated duration. In the case that a scholar possesses a TOPIK Level that is higher than 5, he or she is exempted from the Korean language course; the exempted period will be deducted from the total scholarship period (2 years for master’s or 3 years for doctoral). In the case that a scholar possesses a TOPIK Level 5 or 6, he or she must be exempted from the Korean language course and must start his/her academic course of Master or Doctoral degree; the exempted period will be deducted from the total scholarship period (2 years for master’s or 3 years for doctoral).
‣ Scholarship covers:
Airfare - Actual cost
Resettlement Allowance- KRW 200,000
Living Allowance-Under graduate:800,000 :Graduate:900,000
Medical Insurance- KRW 20,000(per month)
Language Courses - KRW 800,000 per quarter
Tuition Fees- Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)
Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency-KRW 100,000
Research Support- KRW 210,000 – 240,000 (per semester)
Printing Costs (Dissertation)- KRW 500,000 -800,000
‣ The Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed to provide higher education in Korea for international students, with the aim of promoting international exchange in education, as well as mutual friendship amongst the participating countries.
Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
※ Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master's degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
※ Applicants who have previously enrolled in a university in Korea are not eligible to apply to the KGSP program. Specifically, an applicant who has previously enrolled in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
However, a KGSP scholar who has graduated can apply for this program again only via the embassy and only if he/she holds a TOPIK score of at least Level 4 and obtains another recommendation from the Korean Embassy of his/her respective country of origin (re-application is limited to one instance).
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
‣ The Korean Government Scholarship Program will be awarded on the basis of all documents including transcript, self-introduction, study plan, certificates of language proficiency (Korean and English), recommendations, published papers and awards, etc.
‣Results released-Jan. in the year of planned studies in Korea ( Undergraduate) & June in the year of planned studies in Korea; Arrival in Korea-Late Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea( Undergraduate) & Late Aug. in the year of planned studies ( Graduate}
Procedure for the Scholarship Award
NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date:
Announcement released Sept. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea ( Undergraduate) & Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea( Graduate} ; Recommend candidates (Korean Embassies, designated universities) - Oct.-Nov. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea ( Undergraduate) & Mar.-Apr. in the year of planned studies in Korea( Graduate}; Results released-Jan. in the year of planned studies in Korea ( Undergraduate) & June in the year of planned studies in Korea; Arrival in Korea-Late Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea( Undergraduate) & Late Aug. in the year of planned studies ( Graduate}
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...