2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Graduate Students in Korea and applicanations are submitted till March 31, 2014. Applications are invited for Korean Government Scholarship program for graduate students. The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenship. Up to 880 scholarships will be awarded for pursuing master and PhD studies at participating Universities in Korea as designated by NIIED. After the Korean language course, the scholarship period of degree course (2 years of master’s or 3 years of doctoral) cannot be extended beyond the designated duration. The selection process for applicants will proceed in three steps. Applicants must be selected by the institution he or she is applying through (a Korean embassy or a designated university). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Universities in Korea | Korea
Level: Master & PhD degree
Field(s): 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program Applicants must choose their field of study from the listed programs in the University Information section provided by participating universities
Deadline:The date set forth by the 1st Selection Institutions within March 2014 (Application Period: Feb.3rd ~ Mar. 31st (decided by the 1st Selection Institution). Deadline for the recommendation of candidates to NIIED by the 1st Selection Institutions is April 11th, 2014. If the respective 1st Selection Institutions do not submit their candidates’ documents to NIIED on time, they will be excluded from the examination of NIIED Selection Committee, and their quotas will be substituted by the other 1st Institutions’ reserve candidates.
Funded By: Korean government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program is targeted for Students of United States, China, Indonesia, Japan, Russia, Vietnam, Bulgaria, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Turkey, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Cambodia, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, El Salvador, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Laos, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Panama, Peru, Serbia, Taiwan, Thailand, The United Kingdom, Tunisia, Uganda, Venezuela, Argentina, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Hungary, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Malawi, Namibia, Nepal, Republic of South Africa, Rwanda, Senegal, Singapore, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Yemen, Zambia, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada(Quebec), Central African Republic, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Gabon, Gambia, Greenland, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Kenya, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Montenegro, Mozambique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of the Congo, Republic of Seychelles, Romania, Sao Tome Principe, Saudi Arabia,
Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Spain, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, the Bahamas, the United Arab Emirates, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, Uruguay and Zimbabwe.
‣ Award No: Up to 880 scholarships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of Korean Government Scholarship Program for graduate students is as follows: -Master’s (01.09.2014 ~ 31.08.2017): 1 yr. of Korean language + 2 yrs of Master’s -Doctoral (01.09.2014 ~ 31.08.2018): 1yr. of Korean language + 3 yrs of Doctoral After the Korean language course, the scholarship period of degree course (2 years of master’s or 3 years of doctoral) cannot be extended beyond the designated duration. In the case that a scholar possesses a TOPIK Level that is higher than 5, he or she is exempted from the Korean language course; the exempted period will be deducted from the total scholarship period (2 years for master’s or 3 years for doctoral). In the case that a scholar possesses a TOPIK Level 5 or 6, he or she must be exempted from the Korean language course and must start his/her academic course of Master or Doctoral degree; the exempted period will be deducted from the total scholarship period (2 years for master’s or 3 years for doctoral).
‣ Scholarship covers: 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program for graduate students will include: -Airfare: Round-trip economy class ticket. -Airfare for entry will not be provided to scholars who already currently live in Korea for academic study or employment. -The fees for domestic travel within a scholar’s home country and for travel insurance to and from Korea will not be provided. -Scholars from China and the Czech Republic will not be provided airfare by NIIED, but by their country of origin according to the mutual agreements. -Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won (KRW) per month. -Research Allowance: 210,000 won for scholars in the humanities and social sciences; 240,000 won for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences, per semester. -Relocation (Settlement) Allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival (only for scholars from their own country, not for scholars who already currently live in Korea) -Language Training Fee: Full coverage -Tuitions: All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university). The tuition is paid by NIIED. -Dissertation Printing Costs: 500,000 ~ 800,000 won, depending on the actual costs. -Medical Insurance: 20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage). -Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month (commencing from the degree program)
‣ The 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed to provide higher education in Korea for international students, with the aim of promoting international exchange in education, as well as mutual friendship amongst the participating countries.
‣ The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenship.
‣ 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program Applicants who hold Korean citizenship are not permitted to apply for this program.
‣ Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for an extended period of time.
‣ Applicants must submit the Personal Medical Assessment (included in the application form) when he/she apply for this program, and when it’s orientation, an Official Medical Examination will be done by NIIED. A serious illness (For example, HIV, Drug, etc) will be the main cause of disqualification from the scholarship.
‣ The handicapped who satisfy the above are also eligible for the program.
‣ Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep. 1st, 2014 (born after Sep. 1st, 1974). -Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of August 31st, 2014.
‣ Applicants who apply for the Master’s program must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree.
‣ Applicants who apply for the Doctoral program must hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree.
‣ Applicants who are expecting to obtain the relevant required degree or diploma by August 31st, 2014 must submit a certificate of degree or diploma expectation, and submit the official certificate of degree or diploma to NIIED by August 31st, 2014. (If not, disqualified for this program).
‣ 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program Applicants must maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
‣ If an applicant does not satisfy the above GPA criteria, he/she will be disqualified from applying to this program.
‣ If the transcript is not indicated in grades/marks/scores format, or is difficult to convert into percentages, attachment of official explanation from the attended institution is required.
‣ Applicants who have Korean proficiency or English proficiency may be given preference.
‣ Applicants who apply for natural science and technology program may be given preference.
‣ Applicants who are university professors currently in the developing countries may be given preference.
‣ The 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program will be awarded on the basis of all documents including transcript, self-introduction, study plan, certificates of language proficiency (Korean and English), recommendations, published papers and awards, etc.
‣ The selection process 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program for applicants will proceed in three steps.
‣ Firstly, applicants must be selected by the institution he or she is applying through (a Korean embassy, or a designated university).
‣ Each 1st selection institution will draft a selections standard based on the criteria provisioned by NIIED, and recommend the best applicants according to its respective standards.
‣ Secondly, The NIIED Selection Committee will select the most successful candidates from the pool of applicants recommended by the 1st selection institutions.
‣ Finally, Only the candidates who were recommended by a Korean embassy and passed the 2nd selection successfully will be evaluated for admission by the 3 universities to which they applied; each candidate has to gain admission from at least one university.
‣ Final Successful Candidates will be announced by 17th June 2014.
‣ 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program Applicants have to apply for this program via either an embassy or a designated university. Overseas Korean adoptees have to apply only via an embassy if their countries are allotted the adoptee quotas.
‣ Applicants (including Korean adoptees) who apply for this program via Korean Embassies must choose 3 desired universities out of the 60 universities listed.
‣ Applicants who apply for this program via the designated universities may choose only 1 desired university out of the 60 universities listed.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The date set forth by the 1st Selection Institutions within March 2014 (Application Period: Feb.3rd ~ Mar. 31st (decided by the 1st Selection Institution). Deadline for the recommendation of candidates to NIIED by the 1st Selection Institutions is April 11th, 2014. If the respective 1st Selection Institutions do not submit their candidates’ documents to NIIED on time, they will be excluded from the examination of NIIED Selection Committee, and their quotas will be substituted by the other 1st Institutions’ reserve candidates.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...