2014 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers in Developing Countries ,and applicants are required to submit till June 13, 2014. Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) is offering international award for young agricultural researchers. Applicants must be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing countries. Candidates should be non-Japanese researchers under 40 years old as of January 01, 2014, belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university. The award winners will be invited to Japan to receive their awards personally and present their research results and achievements. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Developing Countries (applicants will be invited to Japan to attend the commendation ceremony and accept their awards and cash gifts).
Level: Research Programme
Field(s): agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing countries, including the industry sectors of food, forestry and fisheries, and the fields of environmental, forestry and marine sciences. Basic research and socioeconomic fields are also covered.
Deadline: June 13, 2014.
Funded By: Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Japan International Award is targeted for Foreign researchers.
‣ Award No: Up to three award winners will be named.
‣ Scholarship covers: The award winners will be invited to Japan to receive their awards personally and present their research results and achievements. The winners will be bestowed a testimonial by the Chairman of the AFFRC during the commendation ceremony and will also receive a cash prize of US$5,000 each from JIRCAS.
‣ This 2014 Japan International Award (annual), which began in 2007, is organized and presented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan.
‣ Its purpose is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing countries, which is promoted by Japan for the benefit of those countries.
‣ Up to three young researchers who have shown outstanding performance in research and development, and outstanding research achievements that will lead to future technological innovation.
‣ Must be foreign researchers doing research activities outside Japan;
‣ Must be under the age of 40 (as of January 01, 2014);
‣ Must be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing countries;
‣ Must be able to attend the commendation ceremony. (Travel expenses shall be borne by the organizer.)
‣ The 2014 Japan International Award winners will be decided from among the final applicants by the Chairman of AFFRC based on the outcome of evaluation and selection carried out by the Selection Committee.
‣ The Selection Committee will give consideration to the following perspectives in evaluating and judging the applicants’ performance and research achievements for this award:
‣ Awarding Ceremony will be in November, 2014.
‣ Applicants should apply by post.
‣ Applications must be prepared according to the “Instructions in the Preparation of Application Forms” and submitted by the recommending institute by post. Moreover, word-processed files of each form must be submitted by the recommending institute via e-mail as they will be used for the preparation of a short-list.
‣ Only one researcher can be recommended from each institute, including its branches. If an institute recommends two candidates or more, the Secretariat will ask the institute to choose one. If the institute does not respond by the due date, all applications from that institute will be excluded.
‣ The application must include supporting materials that substantiate the candidate’s achievements, such as the applicant’s most important research papers (three items), technical handbooks, patent applications or utility models, newspaper articles etc., and the entire publication list directly related to the applicant’s research.
‣ Applications that are insufficient or incorrect will be excluded from the evaluation.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 13, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.