2014 ITMO University Fellowships and Visiting Professorships Program in Russia , and applications are submitted till October 15th, 2014. St. Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, (ITMO University) invites applications for research positions for Postdoctoral/Early career/Professorial tracks from outstanding scientists and researchers who are established leaders in their chosen field. ITMO University Fellowship holders will be provided with a competitive salary, accommodation allowance and research expenses. There are no citizenship restrictions imposed by ITMO University. Applicants should hold a PhD or have equivalent research experience (minimum 4 years). It is expected that successful candidates will write papers in referred journals, participate in conferences as speakers and supervise of ITMO MSc and PhD students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Russia
Level: Postdoctoral/Early career/Professorial tracks
Field(s): Fellowship applications are invited in research areas that are linked to ITMO University strategic concentrations: Optics and Photonics, Information Technologies and Computer Systems, Nanotechnologies and Advanced Materials, Automatic Control and Signal Processing. Interdisciplinary projects related to the strategic areas of ITMO University and Natural Sciences, Information Technologies in Economy and Society, Life and Health Sciences will be also considered.
Deadline: October 15th, 2014.
Funded By: Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 ITMO University Fellowships are targeted for Researchers from all nationalities
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: 2014 ITMO University Fellowships will be awarded for a period of three years and Early Career fellowships will be available up to 3-5 years. The duration of Visiting Professorship is negotiable.
‣ Scholarship covers: ITMO University Fellowship holders will be provided with a competitive salary, accommodation allowance and research expenses as follows: -Postdoctoral fellowships: Basic salary per month after taxes: 1500 euro with additional benefits for exceptional candidates; Additional allowance for research expenses per year: 4000 euro -Early Career fellowships: Basic salary per month after taxes: 2 000 euro with additional benefits for exceptional candidates; Additional allowance for research expenses per year: 8000 euro -Visiting Professorship: Basic salary per month after taxes: 3 500 euro with additional benefits for exceptional candidates; Additional allowance for research expenses per year: 20000 euro
‣ The 2014 ITMO University Fellowships and Visiting Professorships Program aim to provide outstanding researchers and scientists, who are, or have the potential to become, leaders in their chosen fields, with the opportunity to build an independent research career.
‣ Their intention is to help to develop the next generation of researchers with the greatest potential in their postdoctoral, early career and professorial stages.
‣ This program is supported by Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
‣ ITMO University has defined three career stages for these awards (Postdoctoral, Early Career and Visiting Professorship) and evidence of achievements and awards will be required for each stage.
‣ Applications from candidates who already have professorial status from a recognized university and who have evidence of a strong record of current research and publications activity are particularly welcome.
‣ Senior academics with an established reputation and track-record in research publications may be considered for the award of a Visiting Professorship upon presentation of their most substantive pieces of research work to the ITMO University Professorial selection panel.
‣ Applicants for Postdoctoral ITMO Fellowships should normally have a PhD in a relevant field and should apply no later than 5 years after the award of their doctorate.
‣ Candidates for ITMO’s Early Career Fellowships and Visiting Professorships should have experience of working in recognized universities, research institutes or centers or R&D companies.
‣ All applicants for postdoctoral and Early-career Fellowships who are not currently employed in English-speaking or Russian speaking universities or research centers are required to produce evidence of proficiency in the English language.
‣ ITMO University will accept a score of 6.5 in the British Council IELTS test or a TOEFL score of 92 (internet based), or its equivalent.
‣ For applicants with a significant record of publications in English but without evidence of certification, may be asked to undergo an evaluation of their oral ability in English during the interview process.
‣ There are no nationality restrictions imposed by ITMO University.
‣ In assessing each application, ITMO University’s selection panel will review the applicant’s track-record and publication record, take into account the views of the referees nominated by applicant and/or consult with the applicant’s current research institution in order to confirm the most appropriate career stage.
‣ Applications should be submitted online using the University ITMO electronic Fellowship and Visiting Professorship Application and Processing (e-FAP) system.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 15th, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.