2014 Fujitsu Scholarship Program for Asia-Pacific Region Applicants in USA , and applications are submitted till September 1, 2014. Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation is offering scholarship program for postgraduate education and cross-cultural management training in the global leaders for innovation and knowledge program. Applicants of USA and Asia pacific region are eligible for this scholarship. The program has three and a half months curriculum. Scholarship benefits include tuition and fee of the program, stipend toward living expenses, airfare, accommodation and visa arrangements. Applicant must have a minimum of three years of relevant full-time work experience (five years preferred). Full details :
School(Institutions/ Country): JAIMS, the Japan-America Institute of Management Science in Hawaii | USA
Level: Postgraduate education and cross-cultural management training
Field(s): for global leaders for innovation and knowledge program at JAIMS, the Japan-America Institute of Management Science
Deadline: September 1, 2014.
Funded By: Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Fujitsu Scholarship Program is targeted for Applicants that are a resident of the state of Hawaii, USA, or a citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam. Applicants who are residents of the State of Hawaii will be requested to prove Hawaii residency.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The program has three and a half months curriculum.
‣ Scholarship covers: 2014 Fujitsu Scholarship Program benefits include tuition and fees for the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program. -Tuition and Fees for the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge: Fujitsu Scholars will participate in 2014 Winter term from February 22 to June 5, 2015. -Stipend toward Living Expenses -Airfare: Fujitsu Ltd. will provide a round-trip air ticket to Japan where the program starts and ends, as well as ticket to participate Hawaii, Thailand, and Singapore Modules of the program. The selection of the air carrier and travel agent, including itinerary, is at the discretion of Fujitsu Ltd. -Housing Arrangements: JAIMS will assist in locating appropriate housing in Honolulu for participants. Fujitsu Ltd. will provide and pay for participant accommodations in Japan, Thailand, and Singapore. -Visa Arrangements: When applicable, participant will be assisted in obtaining the F-1 Student visa to enter the U.S. and Japan entry visa for a short stay. The expense of obtaining the visas is the financial responsibility of the participant.
‣ Fujitsu Limited established the 2014 Fujitsu Scholarship Program in 1985 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of its founding.
‣ The aim was to provide the opportunity for people from the Asia-Pacific region to contribute to the region through studying different values, cultures, and global business.
‣ This has been a Fujitsu’s key initiative for deepening the relationships between the countries and citizens of the Asia-Pacific region.
‣ This scholarship has since enabled 458 professionals from 18 countries to study cross-cultural management at JAIMS, the Japan-America Institute of Management Science, in Hawaii, U.S.A.
‣ The 2014 Fujitsu Scholarship Program now provides full financial assistance for postgraduate education and cross-cultural management training in the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program by Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation.
‣ The program has three and a half months curriculum. The participants will sharpen their global management knowledge and skills and build the confidence necessary for success in global business situations.
4. Applicants must be a resident of the state of Hawaii, U.S.A. or a citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam.
‣ Initial screening is based on the strength of the application, which includes meeting the admission qualifications.
‣ Selection is based on English proficiency (for non-native speakers of English), work experience, motivation, goals as expressed in the essay and interview, academic performance, and test scores.
‣ A key factor is the individual’s commitment to contributing to the mutual understanding and cooperation between countries and to the development of his/her home country.
‣ However, no single attribute outweighs others in the selection process, and strengths in one area may be used to offset weaknesses in another.
‣ Applicants who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview at a designated date.
‣ The interview date in each country will be announced on this website in August.
‣ Applicants should be residing in their respective countries of citizenship (or in Hawaii for Hawaii residents) at the time of their interview.
‣ To apply for the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program with Fujitsu Scholarship, you must complete the following three steps:
Step 1: Register through the Web
‣ The necessary documents are as follows: -Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form (Obtain a cover sheet and attach it to the front of your application document).
‣ Download cover sheet -Photocopy of TOEFL,TOEIC, or IELTS (Academic) score report.
‣ Valid test dates are between September 2009 and August 2014.
‣ Original Official Academic Transcript or Graduate Certificate.
‣ It must be sent directly from the academic institution attended to the Fujitsu Hawaii Representative Office.
Step 3: Send Application Documents via post
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 1, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.