2014 Danish Summer Language Scholarships for International Students in Denmark There is a great opportunity for the students of Israel, Russia, China, Canada, USA and various EU countries. The summer language course scholarships are available for students enrolled in full-time bachelor, master’s and PhD degree. These scholarships are available for the students of selected institutions. Applicants can apply for the scholarship under the Cultural Agreements programme to attend a Danish Summer Language Course. Students do not have to pay for the course itself, the scholarship covers the tuition fee. Students may also receive the 5000 dkk scholarship upon arrival to cover their accommodation and meals. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Denmark
Level: summer language course
Field(s): Students can apply for a scholarship under the Cultural Agreements programme to attend a Danish Summer Language Course
Deadline: March 1, 2014.
Funded By: Danish Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Danish Summer Language Scholarships are targeted for Students of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia
, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey, Israel, Russia, China, Canada and USA
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Students do not have to pay tuition for the course, the scholarship covers the tuition fee. Depending on the course the students will attend, the students will either have to pay for accommodation and meals themselves or it will be provided by the course organiser: If accommodation and/or meals are provided by the course organiser, it will be deducted from the 5000 dkk scholarship. If accommodation and meals are not provided for by the course organiser, the students receive the 5000 dkk scholarship upon arrival to cover their accommodation and meals. Please note that students must cover all travel expenses and other personal expenses (shopping, gifts, souvenirs etc.) by themselves.
‣ The Danish Agency for Universities and Internationalization has initiated an administrative reform of the 2014 Danish Summer Language Scholarships for Foreign Nationals (the Cultural Agreements), i.e. the Long-Term Scholarships and the Danish Summer Language Courses.
‣ Students can apply for a scholarship under the Cultural Agreements programme to attend a Danish Summer Language Course.
‣ The summer language courses in Danish are open to bachelor, Master’s and PhD students.
‣ The 2014 Danish Summer Language Scholarships (summer language course scholarships) are available for students enrolled in full-degree programmes in the following countries:
‣ The selection of 2014 Danish Summer Language Scholarships candidates is done according to the following criteria: -The applicant is either bachelor, Master or PhD student.
‣ The applicant is not already enrolled at a higher education institution in Denmark.
‣ The applicant is nominated by a lecturer who teaches Danish abroad. Lecturers send a list of candidates to the Danish Agency for International Education before the application deadline. If you would like to be recommended by a lecturer, be sure to contact the lecturer before you apply.
‣ The applicant studies Danish or Scandinavian languages and literature.
‣ The applicant would like to use this course as a preparation for studying in Denmark at a later date.
‣ Applicants from Group 1 and 3 should apply directly to the course organiser. Applicants from Group 2 should use the following application form “Application form Danish Summer Language Courses 2014 (Group 2)“.
‣ The application should be submitted to the relevant lecturer in Danish in your home country.
‣ If you do not have a lecturer in Danish in your home country, please submit your application to the relevant national authority (the ministry of education, the ministry of foreign affairs or the Danish embassy in your country).
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The deadline for applications for Group 1, 2 or 3 for Danish summer language courses in 2014 is March 1, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like