2014 Chung Liversidge Scholarships is targeted for women applicants from any nationality , and applications are submitted till 27th June 2014. ‣ The 2014 Chung-Liversidge Scholarships are funded from the generous donation of Alumnus Sir Sze-Yuen Chung. Sir SY Chung studied at the University of Sheffield from 1948 - 1951 and went on to become a distinguished businessman, politician and educator in Hong Kong. His links with the University and continued support of the Faculty of Engineering have allowed for the Chung-Liversidge Scholarships to provide financial support for academically strong female international students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Level: Master's Degree
Field(s): List of eligible courses:
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
MSc in Control Systems
MSc in Computational Intelligence and Robotics
Chemical and Biological Engineering
MSc in Environmental and Energy Engineering
MSc Process Safety and Loss Prevention
MSc Biological and Bioprocess Engineering
Department of Civil and Structural Engineering
MSc in Structural Engineering
MSc in Architectural Engineering Design
MSc in Structural and Concrete Engineering
Department of Computer Science
MSc in Advanced Software Engineering
MSc in Advanced Computer Science
MSc in Software Systems and Internet Technology
Electronic and Electrical Engineering
MSc in Semiconductor Photonics and Electronics
MSc in Advanced Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Drives
MSc in Wireless Communication Systems
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
MSc Materials Science and Engineering
MSc in Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine
MSc Aerospace Materials
Department of Mechanical Engineering
MSc (Research) Advanced Mechanical Engineering (MECT30)
MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering (MECT53)
MSc Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Management
Deadline: 27th June 2014.
Funded By: The Chung-Liversidge Scholarships are funded from the generous donation of Alumnus Sir Sze-Yuen Chung.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Chung Liversidge Scholarships is targeted for women applicants from any nationality
‣ Award No: Not specified
‣ Duration: it is applicable for two years according to the durations of the course
‣ Scholarship covers: Please check their main website.
‣ The 2014 Chung Liversidge Scholarships are funded from the generous donation of Alumnus Sir Sze-Yuen Chung.
‣ Sir SY Chung studied at the University of Sheffield from 1948 - 1951 and went on to become a distinguished businessman, politician and educator in Hong Kong.
‣ His links with the University and continued support of the Faculty of Engineering have allowed for the Chung-Liversidge Scholarships to provide financial support for academically strong female international students.
‣ Pam Liversidge, a Chartered Mechanical Engineer, was the first woman President of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers in 1997-98. With a successful career with companies such as GKN, through to establishing her own manufacturing companies, Pam has held various senior business positions, including Strategic Planning Manager for East Midlands Electricity plc.
‣ She is now Managing Director of Quest Investments Ltd, which is a pro-active shareholder in engineering and medical device companies.
‣ Pam is also a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, a Livery man of the Worshipful Company of Engineers and was the first woman to serve as Master of the Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire in 2011-2012.
‣ In March 2014, the Faculty of Engineering announced the new engineering graduate school building the had been named after Pam Liversidge. http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/alumni/news/more/pam_liversidge-1.357361
‣ The Faulty of Engineering has a number of scholarships available for female, international, postgraduate taught students commencing their studies in September 2014. If you’re eligible, then in conjunction with other university scholarships, you could undertake your masters at Sheffield for free. The Chung-Liversidge Scholarships 2014 are awarded on the basis of academic merit and your personal statement.
‣ Scholarship results will be announced via email on 25 July 2014.
If you wish to be considered for this scholarship you need to apply.
‣ be female,
‣ be self-funding and classed as 'Overseas' for tuition fee purposes
‣ by 20 June 2014 hold an offer of a place on one of the postgraduate taught masters courses listed below for entry in September 2014
‣ The 2014 Chung Liversidge Scholarships are for one year only, regardless of the length of your programme
‣ The scholarships can be awarded in addition to other University of Sheffield International Scholarships, as long as your funding does not exceed your payable tuition fees.
‣ The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
‣ All decisions by the University of Sheffield are taken in good faith and based on the information that you provide in your scholarship application form. If we discover that you have made a false statement or fail to provide significant and relevant information we are entitled to withdraw your scholarship application and your study place.
‣ In accordance with data protection regulations the information contained in this application is solely for the purposes of processing your scholarship application.
‣ If you are eligible for the Chung-Liversidge Scholarship you will be contacted directly by the University with details on how to apply.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...