2014 Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for listed on the participating country profiles, and Appplications deadlines varies for each country. Australia Awards Scholarships are long term development awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions | Australia
Level: undergraduate or postgraduate study
Field(s): Study programs must relate to your country’s priority areas for development. These are listed on the participating country profiles. AusAID Australia Awards are not available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
Deadline:Varies for each country, please check for the details below
Funded By: the Australian Government; Australia Awards Scholarships are long term development awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Awards Benefits
Australia has many top universities and internationally recognised courses and also many exciting opportunities for future growth.
The 2014 Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
# – Full tuition fees.
# – Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route.
# – Establishment allowance—a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards as accommodation expenses, text books, study materials.
# – Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by AusAID. From 1 January 2013, CLE payable to Scholars studying under an ADS is A$30,000 per year.
# – Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia.
# – Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre existing conditions).
# – Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
# - Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience.
# – Fieldwork (for research students only)—may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Participating countries in the 2014 Australia Awards Scholarships
This page lists countries that are eligible for Australia Awards Scholarships, and country-specific eligibility criteria. Opening and closing dates can be found here
Cook Islands Federated States of Micronesia Fiji French Pacific Collectivities (New Caledonia, French Polynesia, and Wallis and Futuna) Kiribati Marshall Islands Nauru Niue and Tokelau Papua New Guinea Republic of Palau Samoa Solomon Islands Tonga Tuvalu Vanuatu
Application Deadlines of 2014 Australia Awards Scholarships
Country Closing Date Country Closing Date
Niue and Tokelau 30-Apr-14
Cook Islands 30-Apr-14
Pakistan 21 March 2014
Federated States of Micronesia 30-Apr-14
Palestinian Territories 30-Apr-14
Republic of Palau 30-Apr-14
Solomon Islands 15-Apr-14
Kiribati TBC Sri Lanka 30-Apr-14
Marshall Islands 30-Apr-14
Vietnam 31 March 2014
‣ Formally known as Australian Development Scholarships are now published as 2014 Australia Awards Scholarships for the year 2015. These scholarships are available for international students who want to live and study in Australia for full time undergraduate or postgraduate study. These awards are administered by AusAID for long term career development of students. This excellent opportunity is provided to the people of developing countries specially to undertake full time education in Australia.
‣ Objectives of 2014-Australia Awards Scholarships are to develop skills and knowledge of students to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
‣ The most significant advantage of Australia Awards Scholarships is to provide the cost of your tuition in your residency status in Australia. This also covers Return air travel, provide Establishment allowance and Overseas Student Health Cover.
Scholarships for International Students in Australia – Australian Govt Scholarships 2015
How to apply for 2014 Australia Awards Scholarships
‣ Things to do before making scholarship application
# – Check the application deadlines for your country.
# - If you intend to apply, you must read the Scholarships Policy Handbook which included information about eligibility requirements, selection processes, entitlements and awardee responsibilities, etc.
# - After finding out how in your country applications are accepted and apply accordingly.
How to apply for Australia Awards
‣ Two methods of application are available. You must check your country application procedure and apply accordingly.
‣ Go to the Online 2014 Australia Awards Scholarships Information System (OASIS) website. When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username and password.
‣ You do not need to submit your application immediately. You can update your draft application form and supporting documentation until 30 April 2014, (or an earlier date specified on the relevant participating country profile). Once submitted, your application cannot be changed. We strongly advise applicants applying online to do so well before the closing date. (OASIS) experiences peak usage in the days leading up to the closing date and applicants may experience delays.
‣ Refer to the Applicant’s Online User Manual if you need help: OASIS Applicant User Guide.
Applying by mail
‣ If you are unable to submit your application online, you can apply by mail. Please check your participating country profile for contact details to obtain a hardcopy application form and any other templates such as referee reports (if applicable).
‣ Completed hard copy application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline specified by your country. See the opening and closing dates for each country.
‣ Check your participating country profile to see if your country requires additional supporting documents, such as referee reports (template below).
Certified true copies
‣ To verify a document as a true copy, you should present the original document and the copy to an authorised officer at one of the following in your home country.
The official records department of the institution that originally issued the document(s)
An Australian overseas diplomatic mission
An Australian Education Centre
‣ This official must sight both documents and verify with a stamp and/or a signature that the copy is a true copy of the original document. You will have to pay any fees charged by officials for verifying documents.
‣ If you are submitting an online application, you should scan the certified true copies of your supporting documents (not the originals) and attach them as PDF files with your application.
‣ 2014 Australia Awards Scholarships Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
‣ Awardees are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the awardee incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
You may also like