2018 American School of Classical Studies at Athens is offering several research fellowships in the field of classical studies, ancient Mediterranean studies, post-classical Greek studies or related fields. And applications are submitted till 15 February. Fellowships are available for students who have completed the Regular Program or one year as a Student Associate Member and plan to return to the School to pursue independent research, usually for their PhD dissertation. Fellowship covers cash stipend plus room, board and waiver of fees. Fellowship award is notified by March 31. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Greece
Level: research Program
Field(s): This fellowship is awarded in art and architecture of antiquity (pending funded), history of architecture, Mycenaean archaeology or Athenian architecture and/or archaeology, study of pottery
Deadline: February 15,
Funded By: American School of Classical Studies at Athens
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2 American School of Classical Studies Scholarship is targeted for scholars from Greece.
‣ Award No: Several fellowships for the full academic year at the School will be available.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowship covers cash stipend of $11,500 plus room, board and waiver of fees. A final report is due at the end of the award period and the ASCSA expects that copies of all publications that result from research conducted as a Fellow of the ASCSA be contributed to the Blegen Library of the School.
American School of Classical Studies
‣ Several fellowships for the full academic year at the School are available to students who plan to stay on or return to the School to pursue independent research, usually for their Ph.D. dissertation. Please note that some fellowships are designated for specific areas of research. Regular Members and Student Associate Members who wish to stay another year in Athens are encouraged to apply for the following fellowships:
The Samuel H. Kress Fellowship in art and architecture of antiquity
The Gorham Phillips Stevens Fellowship in the history of architecture
The Ione Mylonas Shear Fellowship in Mycenaean archaeology or Athenian architecture and/or archaeology
The Homer A. and Dorothy B. Thompson Fellowship in the study of pottery
The Edward Capps Fellowship, the Doreen Canaday Spitzer Fellowship, and the Eugene Vanderpool Fellowship (unrestricted in area of research)
‣ Advanced graduate students in classical studies, ancient Mediterranean studies, post-classical Greek studies or related fields who have a specific project that requires extended residence in Greece.
‣ The awards will be announced by March 31.
‣ Submit application for “Associate Membership with Fellowship Application” online. For more information about the application, visit: http://www.ascsa.edu.gr/index.php/admission- membership/Graduate-and-Post-Doctoral. The application will include the following:
1) An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
2) A project statement of no more than three single-spaced pages in length;
3) A list of other fellowships, if any, applied for with dates of notification of these awards;
4) A letter of reference from your dissertation advisor on the feasibility of your work. Applicants who are not at the School during the current academic year should also obtain a second letter of reference, in addition to the advisor’s letter, from a scholar who can evaluate your academic progress since leaving the School. Web site: www.ascsa.edu.gr or http://www.ascsa.edu.gr/index.php/admission- membership/fellowships-and-grants
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The awards will be announced by March 31. The American School of Classical Studies at Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, ethnic origin, or disability when considering admission to any form of membership or application for employment 6-8 Charlton Street, Princeton, NJ 08540-5232 Telephone: 609-683-0800 Fax: 609-924-0578
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 February
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.