2014 Alan Musgrave Master scholarship in Philosophy at University of Otago in New Zealand , and applications are submitted till 1 September 2014. Applications are invited for master scholarship available for international students to study philosophy at University of Otago. Scholarship is available for the duration of two years in the case of a BA (Hons) plus Master’s thesis, or one year in the case of a Master’s thesis. The scholarship consists of a full rebate of tuition fees plus $15,000 per annum to be paid as a monthly stipend. Applicants will be selected on the basis of academic record and potential for graduate research. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | New Zealand
Level: Master Program
Field(s): Scholarship is available for studying philosophy at University of Otago.
Deadline: 1 September 2014
Funded By: University of Otago
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Alan Musgrave Master scholarship is targeted for International applicants
‣ Award No: There is one scholarship available for international students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The tenure of the scholarship is for two years in the case of a BA (Hons) plus Master’s thesis, or one year in the case of a Master’s thesis.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship consists of a full rebate of tuition fees plus $15,000 per annum to be paid as a monthly stipend. If the recipient withdraws from or completes the prescribed course of study at the University of Otago during tenure of the scholarship, all payments will cease and no money refunded to the student.
‣ Established by the University Council in 2011, the Alan Musgrave Master’s Scholarship in Philosophy provides support for the high calibre international students to study towards a Master’s degree in Philosophy at the University of Otago.
Selection criteria for 2014 Alan Musgrave Master scholarship
‣ The selection committee, consisting of the Head of the Department of Philosophy, in the chair, and two other academic staff members from the department, shall consider the following factors in recommending award of the scholarship: -the applicant’s academic record -the applicant’s potential for graduate research
‣ Every application must submit an application on the prescribed form to the University of Otago Doctoral and Scholarships Office by the specified closing date in the year preceding the intended tenure of the scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st September 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.