2014 Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship for Postgraduate Study and applications are open until March 31. Each year Aga Khan Foundation offers international scholarship for postgraduate study. Full details:
Level: The Foundation gives priority to requests for Master’s level courses but is also willing to consider applications for PhD programmes, when doctoral degrees are necessary for the career objectives of the student.
Field(s): Focused areas are Architecture, Health, Civil Society, Planning & Building, Culture, Rural Development, Economic Development, Humanitarian Assistance, Education and Music.
Deadline: March 31.
Funded By: Aga Khan Education
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship is targeted for Students from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Madagascar, France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada can apply for this Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Foundation assists students with tuition fees and living expenses only.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
‣ The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies.
‣ Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship is awarded on a 50% grant : 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July.
‣ The Foundation gives priority to requests for Master’s level courses but is also willing to consider applications for PhD programmes, when doctoral degrees are necessary for the career objectives of the student.
‣ Requests will also be considered for travel and study awards for PhD students doing their research in Third World countries on topics judged to be of interest to the Aga Khan Development Network.
‣ Applications for short-term courses are not considered; neither are applications from students who have already started their course of study.
2014 Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship
‣ The Foundation accepts applications from countries where it has branches, affiliates or other AKDN agencies which can help with processing applications and interviewing applicants.
‣ At present, these are Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Madagascar, France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada.
‣ Preference is given to students under 30 years of age.
‣ Applicants are expected to have some years of work experience in their field of interest.
‣ The main criteria for selecting award winners are:
‣ The annual Scholarship Selection Meeting takes place in late June or early July and the Aga Khan Foundation notifies all students of the outcome of their application shortly thereafter.
‣ The application procedures of AKF’s International Scholarship Programme are decentralized. Students may obtain application forms as of January 1st each year from AKF offices or Aga Khan Education Services / Boards( in their countries of current residence.
‣ Completed applications should be returned to the agency from which the form was obtained or to the address indicated on the front of the form.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due date: The deadline for submission of applications is March 31, although in certain countries internal deadlines may be earlier.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Note: Please, help by pressing the face book like button to viral the post viewed by others !!!