2014-2016 UAE Government IRENA Scholarship Programme for International Students , and applications are submitted till October 31st, 2014. The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is now accepting applications for IRENA scholarship programme from international students. Up to 20 highly-accomplished applicants are annually awarded IRENA scholarships at the Abu Dhabi based MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Abu Dhabi. Full scholarship for 2 years (including tuition, textbooks, housing, medical insurance, laptop, and travel expenses) with no bonds upon graduation will be awarded. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology | United Arab Emirates
Level: Masters Degree
Field(s): Scholarship students received one of eight Master of Science Programmes: Chemical Engineering, Computing and Information Science, Electrical Power Engineering, Engineering Systems and Management, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Microsystems Engineering, Water and Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Critical Infrastructure offered at MASDAR Institute.
Deadline: October 31st, 2014.
Funded By: The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and Government of the United Arab Emirates
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014-2016 UAE Government IRENA Scholarship Programme is targeted for International students (priority will be given to applicants from developing countries)
‣ Award No: IRENA is pleased to welcome 20 scholars to the IRENA Scholarship Programme at Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for a period of two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Full scholarship for 2 years (including tuition, textbooks, housing, medical insurance, laptop, and travel expenses) with no bonds upon graduation. -Cost of living allowance -Possibility for first-hand experience with IRENA through an internship. -Excellent networking potential -Exclusive access to IRENA Lecture Programme -Innovative academic environment -Specialised renewable energy courses and state of the art laboratories -Multidisciplinary research approach with more than 30 projects underway -Academic programs developed with MIT -Highly diverse and dynamic environment.
‣ In an effort to promote human capital development, up to 20 highly-accomplished applicants are annually awarded 2014-2016 UAE Government IRENA Scholarship Programme at the Abu Dhabi based MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology (MI), with the generous support of the Government of the United Arab Emirates.
‣ Scholarship students received one of eight Master of Science Programmes offered at MASDAR Institute.
‣ The IRENA scholars will also be able to attend an exclusive high-level lecture programme, aimed at presenting the latest developments in the field of renewable energies.
‣ All necessary information pertaining to the MSc Programmes, entry requirements and the selection process can be found in the text below.
‣ Special consideration will be given to applicants from developing countries as part of a concerted effort to support countries severely affected by today’s overriding challenges: energy access, energy security and climate change.
‣ Relevant undergraduate degree from a college, university or technical college of acceptable standing in the field of science, engineering or information technology.
‣ Minimum CGPA required: 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
‣ Competence in spoken and written English. Minimum TOEFL score: 91 (IBT) on the international TOEFL.
‣ Minimum academic IELTS score: 6.5.
‣ Minimum GRE quantitative score: 700(or 155 on the new scale).
‣ Academic record and credentials must indicate the ability to achieve distinction.
‣ Interested students can apply online for an IRENA MSc Scholarship directly through MASDAR Institute’s website.
‣ Applications have to be submitted electronically. All required proofs and certificates have to be sent to MASDAR Institute.
‣ A list of the required documents can be found on MASDAR Institute’s website.
‣ Please note that you have to indicate your interest in an IRENA Scholarship on Masdar Institute online application form by ticking the appropriate box.
‣ Otherwise you will apply for a common MASDAR scholarship and you will not be able to benefit from IRENA’s Lecture Programmes and other advantages.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date Applications for 2014-2016 can be submitted as of 1 November, 2013. Deadline to complete an application for the Spring 14-15 intake is October 31st, 2014. Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation if completed after the deadline.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...