2014-2015 Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign and IRE Students in Italy , and applications are submitted till May 28, 2014. For 2014/2015 academic year, applications are open for Italian government scholarships from January 1st 2015 onward. These scholarships are available for international and IRE (Italian Residents Abroad) to study in Italy. Two types of scholarships are awarded i.e. three monthly scholarships and six or nine month scholarships. The former ones are for Italian language and culture course, Italian language teaching course and for study or research projects while the later is for individual university courses, university degree courses, advanced professional training, art and music courses, Master’s Degree, Doctorate Courses and individual or jointly supervised study or research projects. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy
Level:2014-2015 Italian Government Scholarships are awarded for study and/or research programmes at public and legally accredited Institutions of their choice, based on the approval of the selection committee. Applicants may request three monthly scholarships for a) courses in Italian language and culture b) Courses in Italian language teaching and c) Study or research projects at non-private Italian research Centers. Applicants may request six or nine month scholarships for (d) Individual university courses (e) University degree courses (Levels I or II) (f) Advanced professional training, art and music courses (g) Courses in Italian language teaching (h) Masters Degree courses (Levels I or II) (i) Doctorate Courses (l) Schools of specialization and (m) Individual or jointly supervised study or research projects.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded for studying courses offered by the Italian universities.
Deadline: May 28, 2014.
Funded By: Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014-2015 Italian Government Scholarships are targeted for Foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE).
‣ Award No: Specific information is provided by the Italian Embassy or Italian Cultural Institute in the applicant’s country of citizenship. Please check the websites of these institutions for more country-specific information.
‣ Scholarship Duration: It is only possible to apply for three, six, or nine month scholarships. Exceptions can be made for courses for teachers of Italian language. Start dates must be from January 1st 2015 onward and duration cannot exceed 31st December 2015.
‣ Scholarship covers: Degrees/certificates awarded: First and second level University Degree – Teaching certificate of Italian as a foreign language –Italian Language Certificate – Certification of individual University course completion – Level I and II Masters Degree – Doctorate Diploma – Certificate of completion of research – Advanced professional, art or music specialization or diploma.
‣ The 2014-2015 Italian Government Scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE).
‣ Scholarships can be awarded only for study/ research projects at institutions within the Italian public education and research system (state universities and research centres or legally accredited private institutions), following the approval of a selection committee.
‣ It is not possible to apply for study/ research projects at foreign institutions (such as universities, libraries, schools and the like) even if they operate in Italy.
Applicants may request three monthly bursaries for;
a) Courses in Italian language and culture: Applicants are asked to provide proof of enrollment in a foreign university and of having passed at least a Level A1 Italian language test. Admittance is only to courses with a minimum duration of 3 months and of an A2 university level or higher; applicants must be enrolled in the 3rd year or higher and have passed at least one university level Italian language exam in their home country.
b) Courses in Italian language teaching: 2014-2015 Italian Government Scholarship Applicants must be foreign teachers with documented experience in teaching Italian as a foreign language (IFL) in their country of origin. Admitted are only courses of a minimum 3 month duration given at the Universities for Foreigners of Perugia, Siena, “Dante Alighieri” of Reggio Calabria and Roma Tre or other institutions accredited in the certification of knowledge of Italian as a foreign language. Upon completion of the course attended the bursary-holder will have to sit the required exams. Study or research projects at non-private Italian research Centers – Laboratories –Libraries – Archives – Museums: Projects must have prior written approval, in a letter to the applicant from an Italian host institution supervisor. The letter must state the supervisor’s willingness to accept responsibility also for assessing the bursary holder’s performance both during and at the conclusion of the study or research activity. -Applicants may request six or nine month bursaries for:
(d) Individual university courses: 2014-2015 Italian Government Scholarships Applicants must provide certification both of enrollment in a foreign university and of pre-acceptance by the Italian university where they intend to study.
(e) University degree courses (Levels I or II): Applicants must provide proof, valid in their place of residence, of having completed upper secondary school and/or first level university studies depending on the University Level they intend to follow.
(f) Advanced professional training, art and music courses: 2014-2015 Italian Government Scholarships Applicants must provide proof, valid in their place of residence, of having completed upper secondary school studies for admission to State or legally accredited academies or conservatories. It is advisable to have a letter of pre-acceptance from the Italian Institution chosen.
(g) Courses in Italian language teaching: Bursaries for teacher training or refresher courses, reserved for foreign teachers of L2 Italian language courses, and university students with a degree equivalent to the Italian short degree who have passed at least one university level Italian language exam in their country.
(h) Master’s Degree courses (Levels I or II): Applicants must have a degree corresponding with the Italian first or second Level degree depending on the Master’s course chosen and eventual other documentation as requested by their chosen Italian institution.
(i) Doctorate Courses: Since admission to research doctorates in Italy is regulated by strict provisions issued by individual universities, in addition to the requirements listed in the previous point, applicants are required to have established contact with the university of their choice before submitting their bursary applications in order to agree on admission requirements.
-Age limits for applicants: Unless otherwise indicated in the executive programme of cultural agreements with individual countries, new bursary or renewal applications cannot be accepted from applicants above 35 years of age at the date of expiration of this announcement.
In no case may bursaries be awarded to applicants under legal age. The 2014-2015 Italian Government Scholarships applicant age limit can be extended to 45 years for teachers of the Italian language with documented, ongoing Italian language teaching experience in their country of origin.
‣ Before filling their application, students should contact Italian diplomatic representatives or Italian Cultural Institutes in their country of citizenship, for detailed and country specific information about this offer.
‣ The online application “Borse On Line” for the academic year 2014-2015 has been updated to reflect the new rules. Completion and submission of the online application form presumes acceptance of the rules indicated on the website.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date:Application forms must be received on-line by midnight (Italian time) Friday, May 28, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.