2014-2015 Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships , and applications are submitted till July 2, 2014 and no later than February 2, 2015. Government of Canada offers Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program for students from the Caribbean Community for short-term exchange program. Scholarship is available for study or research at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels. Students must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country and paying any tuition fees. Students must be proficient in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French). Scholarships cannot be deferred and are not renewable. Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously studied in Canada under a Government of Canada scholarship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: Undergraduate and Graduate Degree
Field(s): any of the course offered by the university.
Deadline: April 30, 2014.
Funded By: Government of Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014-2015 Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships are targeted for Students of Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos can apply for the Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: CAN for undergraduate and college students for a period of four months of study or research. CAN for graduate students for a period of four months of study or
research.CAN for graduate students for a period of five or six months of study or research. CAN for undergraduate and college students for a period of eight months of study or research if agreed by the Canadian institution.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Canadian institution will receive funding from DFATD for all successful candidates (students and researchers) in the form of a contribution agreement and will be responsible for providing the funds to scholarship recipients. The scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship value for students is: -$7,200 CAN for college, undergraduate or graduate students for four months or one academic term of study or research; -$9,700 CAN for graduate students for a period of five or six months of study or research; or -$14,700 CAN for undergraduate and college students for a period of eight months of study or research. In addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD, the Canadian host institution may also claim $300 CAN per scholarship recipient to contribute toward the cost of administration fees once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada.
‣ The 2014-2015 Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program provides students and researchers from the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
‣ The candidate’s studies or research may commence as early as July 2, 2014 and no later than February 2, 2015.
‣ who have obtained Canadian citizenship or who have applied for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
‣ already participating in an exchange program in Canada are not eligible;
‣ already enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian university or college are not eligible;
‣ must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country and paying any tuition fees regulated by that institution for the full duration of the exchange; and
‣ must be proficient in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French).
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
‣ academic merit of the proposed research or study that the student will undertake in Canada;
‣ benefit to the home institution, supervisor and peers;
‣ benefit to the Canadian institution, supervisor and peers; and
‣ strength of the linkages to be created through the proposed exchange.
‣ Canadian institutions will be contacted in May 30, 2014 by the scholarship administrator, the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) regarding the status of their application(s).
‣ The Canadian institution must apply on behalf of the candidate by completing the online https://w01.scholarships-bourses.gc.ca/form-formulaire/leadership.aspx?lang=eng&pid=9 application form and submitting all supporting documents prior to the deadline.
‣ Institutions may submit more than one application and may be asked to rank their applications, based on its strategic priorities, at the time of the selection process.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on April 30, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.