2014-2015 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for International and Canadian Applicants, and applications are submitted till September 24, 2014. The Government of Canada offers Banting postdoctoral fellowship program for Canadian and foreign citizens. These fellowships are offered at host institution which may be Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges and non-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity in Canada. 70 fellowships worth of $70,000 per year (taxable) will be awarded up to 2 years (nonrenewable). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada or foreign countries
Level: Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
Field(s): In following research areas: Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering and Social sciences and/or humanities.
Deadline: September 24, 2014.
Funded By: Government of Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014-2015 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Canadian and foreign citizens.
‣ Award No: 70 fellowships are awarded annually (a total of up to 140 awards are active at any time)
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are offered for 2 years (nonrenewable).
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowships worth of $70,000 per year (taxable) will be awarded.
‣ The 2014-2015 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research based growth.
‣ Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply.
‣ Applicants to the 2014–15 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree before the start date of their award and: -On a date within the eligibility window of September 24, 2011 through August 15, 2015.
‣ Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must do so prior to August 15, 2015 and submit proof no later than September 1, 2015.
‣ Applicants who do not submit such proof will be automatically withdrawn from the competition.
‣ The window of eligibility can be extended if the applicant had their career interrupted or delayed for the purpose of childrearing, illness, or health-related family responsibilities. The interruption(s)/delay(s) in your career must have occurred after you fulfilled all the requirements of your degree. Note that your eligibility window will only be extended by the duration of the delay(s)/interruption(s), to a maximum of 2 years.
‣ Additionally, for health professionals who have engaged in post-degree non-research related clinical training (ie. residency) – the eligibility window can be extended by the duration of the training to a maximum of 2 years.
‣ Research excellence and leadership in the research domain–demonstrated capacity for research excellence based on track record to date as defined by the quality of applicant’s research contribution, and demonstrated capacity for leadership in the research domain defined by the sphere of influence achieved to date by the applicant.
‣ Quality of applicant’s proposed research program–examined in terms of the potential of the proposed research program, executed in the proposed institutional environment, to position the applicant for significant impact through a research-intensive career (potential for significant impact).
‣ Institutional commitment and demonstrated synergy between applicant and institutional strategic priorities: Demonstrated commitment of the institution to support development of the applicant’s research and leadership capacity through institutional support (funding, facilities, equipment, etc.) and professional development;
‣ Demonstrated alignment and synergy between the applicant’s research ambitions and the institution’s potential to benefit strategically from engagement with the applicant (alignment with institution’s strategic priorities).
‣ Results will be announced by January 30, 2015.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 24, 2014 is the deadline for complete application submission. The applicants seek endorsement from the host institution to apply, prepare and submit application.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.