‣ The 2014-15 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships ( Vanier CGS) program for Canadian and International Students, and applications are submitted till November 5, 2014. The Government of Canada offers Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships for Canadian and international students studying at Canadian universities. Up to 167 scholarships are awarded annually for a period of three years. Students must be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program. Each Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Canadian universities | Canada
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): any one of the courses offered by the Canadian universities
Deadline: November 5, 2014
Funded By: Government of Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014-15 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are targeted for Canadian and international students
‣ Award No: Up to 167 scholarships are awarded annually. A total of up to 500 scholarships are active at any time.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year.
‣ The 2014-15 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships ( Vanier CGS) program was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning.
‣ It is worth $50,000 per year for three years and is available to both Canadian and international PhD students studying at Canadian universities.
‣ Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
‣ be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
‣ be pursuing your first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
‣ intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
‣ not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2015.
‣ have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent.
‣ Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average; and -not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR,NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Selection Criteria for 2014-15 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
‣ Academic excellence, as demonstrated by past academic results and by transcripts, awards and distinctions.
‣ Research potential, as demonstrated by the candidates research history, his/her interest in discovery, the proposed research and its potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the field, the potential benefit to Canadians, and any anticipated outcomes
‣ .Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability), as defined by the following qualities:
‣ Successful candidates will be notified of the competition results in March 31, 2015.
‣ Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the university by the nominating university’s internal deadline (set in ResearchNet by the nominating university) using the ResearchNet application system.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 5, 2014.
‣ Each Canadian university has an internal deadline date for students to submit their applications. The Canadian university should be contacted for this information.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.