2014-15 University Grants Commission “Ishan Uday” Scholarships For North Eastern Region, India , and applications are submitted till 10 February 2015. The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission is inviting applications for “Ishan Uday” Scholarships for North Eastern Region for the Year 2014-15. Scholarships are available for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
Field(s): subjects offered by the university.
Deadline: 10- February 2015
Funded By: The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014-15 University Grants Commission is targeted for Indian students (North Eastern Region)
‣ Award No: It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Students pursuing courses in which the duration is 5 years, would get scholarship at the prescribed rates for the duration of the course.
‣ Scholarship covers: An amount of Rs.3500/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs. 5000/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
‣ The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest with regard to promotion of higher education in the NER.
‣ For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch a Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2014-15.
‣ It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses..
‣ Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and para-medical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, within and outside the States of NER.
‣ For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
‣ The following shall not be eligible under this scheme-
‣ Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
‣ Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
‣ Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
‣ Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
‣ Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Selection criteria for 2014-15 University Grants Commission
‣ UGC will award ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships per year. In case the number of applicants exceeds the number of scholarships available, the awardees will be selected on the basis of marks scored by them in the Class XII or equivalent exam.
‣ Applications are submitted via online.
‣ The students would submit all the following requisite documents duly forwarded by the Competent Authority (Registrar/Principal/Director) to the designated Bank branch/Disbursing agency authorized by the UGC.
‣ Joining Proforma for fresh awardees (Annexure-I)
‣ Proforma for renewal (Annexure-II)
‣ Certificate of income by the Competent Authority of the State Government in which the student is domiciled.
‣ Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
‣ Quarterly Continuation certificate(Annexure-III)
‣ Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages (Annexure-IV))
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 10 February 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.