2014-15 Miles Morland Foundation Writing Scholarship for Africans , and applications are submitted till October 31st 2014. Miles Morland Foundation offers Writing Scholarship for writers every year. Up to three scholarships are awarded to Africans applicants or both of whose parents were born in Africa. The Scholars will receive a grant of £18,000, paid monthly over the course of one year. The scholarship is intended to enable writers to write a new work (fiction or non-fiction writing). The writing must be in English. Applicants have to submit the brief description of their writing of (ideally 200 – 500 words). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Africa
Level: Scholarship is intended to enable writers to write a new work not complete a work in progress. A “new work” is one which you have not yet begun writing.
Field(s): for fiction or non-fiction writing but not poetry, plays or screenplays
Deadline: October 31st 2014
Funded By: Miles Morland Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014-15 Miles Morland Foundation Writing Scholarship is targeted to anyone who has been born in
Africa or both of whose parents were born in Africa.
‣ Award No: MMF has established up to three Morland Writing Scholarships every year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of the scholarship is one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Scholars will receive a grant of £18,000, paid monthly over the course of one year.
‣ It can be difficult for writers in the early stages of their career to write and to earn a living outside writing at the same time.
‣ To help fill this need the MMF has established up to three 2014 Miles Morland Foundation Writing Scholarship every year. The Scholarships will be open to anyone who has been born in Africa or both of whose parents were born in Africa.
‣ In return for this the Scholars will agree that 20% of whatever they subsequently receive from what they write during the year of the Scholarship will be paid to the MMF which may be used to support other promising writers and possibilities to expand the Scholarship scheme in later years.
‣ The Scholarships will be open to anyone who has been born in Africa or both of whose parents were born in Africa.
‣ The Scholarships will be awarded based on these submissions although the Foundation may also wish to question certain candidates or ask for other work.
‣ The work submitted will be judged purely on literary merit. It is not the purpose of the Scholarships to support academic or scientific research, or works of special interest such as religious or political writings.
‣ Submissions or proposals of this nature do not qualify.
‣ The Scholarships will be announced in December 2014 and will run for the whole of calendar 2015.
‣ Applicants can apply via email at MMF-at-blakman.com.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 31st 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.